Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fall

Talk about a year of change. Ok, maybe I don't mean politically, but for me as a filmmaker (if I can even call myself after not having made my own film in... about 2 years...), I ventured into corners of film that I never really thought I had the cojones to explore before. This is somewhat of an experimental film, I guess you could say, although not necessarily experimental in the sense that most people think. It's more so a portrait or collage of a world left to the elements. Wow, that took me about half an hour to think of how to explain my feeling about the film. I'm open to any and all other interpretations as well, as I think and hope it will evoke many different feelings in different people. The accompanying poem initially had no particular significance to me other than the fact that it fit the film at the time. The overall feeling I get from it is a sort of a simultaneous connection and disconnection with nature, which is exactly how I feel about the film. Anyway, I'll stop rambling like a hippie and let you take a trip inside your mind!


I Am the Autumnal Sun from Brittany Brothers on Vimeo.

A sort of experimental film that I did for my production class in Fall '09. An ode to nature, I guess you could say. Be sure to watch it in HD!!


Shot and edited by Brittany Brothers
Poem by Henry David Thoreau
Reading by Ed Bowes

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment